Phlebotomist - Full Time Days Outreach Lab
Responsible to Steward Health Care Systems for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Outreach Laboratories to perform blood collection and process laboratory specimens following established standards and procedures. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
1. Performs blood collection following established standards and procedures.
2. Utilizes Laboratory Information System (LIS) to enter patient information and order lab tests.
3. Provides customer service to patients and clients.
4. Maintains inventory of supplies in office setting and fills client supply orders.
5. Assists in training new employees.
6. Performs and maintains documentation for routine temperature checks and other documentation as required.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED required. One year of phlebotomy experience preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of current insurance required. Completion of a phlebotomy course required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in phlebotomy and specimen processing.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10060