Phlebotomist/MLT - Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital - Part Time
Responsible to Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Laboratory for the collection and processing of patient specimens for testing. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Accurately and efficiently collects patient specimens for testing.
- Prepares specimens for transport by courier.
- Assists with monitoring patient reports to assure that results are received for all specimens sent.
- Assists with maintaining adequate supplies for the lab and POC testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Associate degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician or Phlebotomist certification required. After orientation, up to three month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.