Phlebotomist, Part Time Days
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the supervision of the Director of the Clinical Laboratory and/or Supervisor, performs approved phlebotomy procedures on in‘ patients and out‘patients; processes laboratory specimens; and aids in a variety of routine clerical work.
Must be a high school graduate with some phlebotomy experience.
1. Draws blood from in‘patients and out‘patients as needed. (E)
2. Greets and directs out‘patients arriving for Laboratory testing.
3. Records and logs in specimens as received. (E)
4. Delivers specimens to proper work areas for testing. (E)
5. Prepares and processes specimens for testing according to the needs of each department.
6. Assists in sending specimens to reference laboratories and receiving and processing returned results from reference laboratories. (E)
7. Assists in the responsibility of inventory of laboratory supplies and notifies supervisor when ordering of supplies is needed.
8. Must have basic skills for typing and/or data entry. (E)
9. Cares for patients of all ages (adolescent, adult, geriatric) and is knowledgeable of age specific physiological changes, developmental needs, and appropriate therapeutic interventions. The Laboratory does not perform phlebotomy or bleeding time studies on children of seven years or less. (E)
10. Responsible for any and all other duties required by the Director of Clinical Laboratory.