Phlebotomist - Per Diem
This is a Per Diem Position
Perform under supervision, routine and specialized blood venipunctures in an age appropriate manner from patients to obtain specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Perform whole blood bedside testing from fingerstick blood specimens. May also assist in the preparation of specimens for testing.
Reports to the Supervisor of Phlebotomy.
Graduate of a certificate program in Phlebotomy or high school diploma plus 6 months experience.
- TEAM WORK
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Obtain specimens for laboratory testing as assigned.
- Demonstrate proficiency on performing all computer related activities required of the phlebotomy department.
- Accurately report patient laboratory data to physicians and nurses.
- Maintain phlebotomy tray and work areas in a sanitary condition.
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Promptly report all problems, discrepancies, or abnormal results to the supervisor.
- Participate in the orientation and training of new employees as assigned by the supervisor.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative attitude with coworkers, physicians, patients, visitors, and other hospital employees.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the department supervisor.