Phlebotomist (Scenic Mountain)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
We are looking for talented, dedicated Phlebotomist to join our team. In return for your talent and dedication, we’ll support you with comprehensive benefits including: training, a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), work-life programs, employee discounts, and opportunities to grow your career potential.
Under the Direction and Supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the phlebotomist is responsible for performing venipunctures, collecting specimens, while assuring the integrity of the specimen and the specimen ID. The Phlebotomist may also be responsible for data entry and processing.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Enter patient information and laboratory test orders into the Laboratory LIS, checking all patient demographic and insurance information.
• Create and maintain Standing Orders
• Drawing patients and processing all specimens in a timely fashion following laboratory procedures for sample acceptability
• Receive bloods from Phlebotomy
• Check rack, matching requisition with specimens, following Specimen Acceptance, Rejection Policy
• Follow instructions for send outs per Reference Lab
• PT Trigger lists are printed once or twice daily (depending on site) and distributed.
• Answer phone, looking up results as needed.
• Troubleshoot reference lab problems
• Help Phlebotomy and Data Entry when needed
• Help ready Biohazard boxes for pick up, make new boxes
• Check daily temperature for processing refrigerator
• Notify Laboratory Manager and/or Laboratory Director regarding specimen or test problems and any complaints
• Must have High School diploma or equivalent
• Phlebotomy Certificate preferred but not required
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral tools
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14181