Physical Therapist - 32 hours, 9a-5p (every other weekend)
Under the supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor evaluates and treats patients. Also responsible for scheduling, documentation and billing.
Reports to the Physical Therapy Supervisor
- Graduate of an entry level BS or Masters Physical Therapy program accredited or approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Current Physical Therapy license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current CPR certification
- TEAM WORK
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Performs patient evaluations and reevaluations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately select, administer, score, and interpret formal and informal assessment tools.
- Demonstrates ability to develop, modify, and advance treatment programs which maximize the highest functional performance of each patient, in a creative, skillful, and efficient manner, and in collaboration with other team members
- Demonstrates care planning that simultaneously incorporates patient and family goals and preferences, physician requirements, and financial issues and constraints.
- Appropriately addresses patient education needs including, but not limited to
discharge planning, home exercise programs, and equipment needs.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior as defined by profession, industry and/or
- Demonstrates documentation that adheres to departmental, professional, and
regulatory standards and timeframes with clinical, multi/interdisciplinary
and payer mandated documentation and clinical care communication.
- Submits timely and accurate charges.
- Demonstrates compliance with policy, procedure, and practice standards.
- Demonstrates responsibility for and enhancement of clinical skills through in-services, literature review, self-study or other learning opportunities during the year.
- Knows and understands job responsibilities and takes charge of and accepts these responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to learn and apply new skill.
- Completes appropriate competencies for the hospital and Department
- Provides patient care based on evidence based medicine
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
- Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by Supervisor.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 12286