Physical Therapist, Full-time Day/Evenings
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Stewardship.
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Under the written referral of a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, RN, osteopath, and in concert with other members of the hospital staff, the physical therapist is responsible for the evaluation of patient clinical status, the assessment of their rehab potential, the design and implementation of age-appropriate treatment programs to maximize the patient’s level of function, counseling and education to patients in the rehabilitation setting. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served; demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development; possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to age and cultural specific needs and to provide care needed in accordance with professional standard of practice.
Supervises: Physical Therapist Assistants, Clinical Aides, Students
Collaborates with: Occupational Therapy Staff, Speech and Language Therapy Staff, Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Respiratory Staff, Dietary Staff, Care Coordination, Interpreters.
Has the authority to select and perform all aspects of treatment/evaluation and patient care within the guidelines of the hospital, under the state and federal licensing regulations, and ethical and standards of care adopted by the APTA.
- Provides superior customer service to external and internal clients, customers as referenced in the Hospital Wide Performance Expectation.
- Evaluates patient’s clinical status, assess clinical/rehab needs, establish goals in conjunction with patient and family, plans and implements a treatment program including a discharge plan.
- Takes all precautions for observing indications/contraindications
- Maintains records pertinent to patient evaluations, and treatment; follows set guidelines for evaluation and record keeping.
- Instructs patient/family as indicated in treatment goals, home programs, and in-hospital self exercises.
- Prepares or supervises aides in the preparation of patients for treatment via proper draping and positioning, maintaining patient privacy.
- Applies or supervises aides in application of agents such as: TENS, Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation, Hot Packs, Cold Packs, Cervical and Lumbar Traction, Whirlpool, Massage, Iontophoresis, Biofeedback.
- Follows department policies and procedures
- Assists and directs and instructs ancillary and other personnel as necessary
- Studies current trends and new developments in physical medicine by survey of literature, attendance at professional meetings and conferences, research activities and participation in department in-services.
- Participates in the training of physical therapy students from APTA accredited programs after 1 year of experience.
- Participates in development of new programs and clinical services
- Participates in the CQI process through audits, peer review, and other Quality Council approved activities.
- Performs various other duties as assigned by Director of Rehabilitation Services.
- Reports formally and informally to the Supervisor and /or Director of Rehabilitation Services, regarding situations that require his/her attention.
- Reports immediately any deviations in normal operations.
- Reports immediately any unusual occurrences related to patients, other staff, self, or equipment.
- Reports all incidents and breaches in the quality of care to the Director of Rehabilitation Services and Risk Management Department.
- Reports to Primary care Physician/Referring Physician, any changes in the patient’s condition warranting intervention.
- Shall be accountable for selecting and performing all aspects of patient care as delineated by license, and governed by state, federal and standard setting organizations.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital related, staff related, and patient related data and information.
- Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital and departmental policies and procedures including infection control.
- Shall be accountable for patient care by non-licensed personnel while under their supervision.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LICENSURE / TECHNICAL / OTHER
- Graduate of an APTA accredited program
- Bachelor of Science Degree and/or certificate in Physical Therapy
- Massachusetts license or license eligible
- Current CPR certification
- Effective communication and educator skills
- Ability to perform essential functions without posing a direct threat to patients and other staff
- Ability to work cooperatively with others with a positive attitude
- Ability to deal with stress due to fast paced and growing environment
- Ability to manage within a flexible schedule
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and sound decision making skills
- Able to read, hear, write and comprehend English
- Willing to train in continuing education annually
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 121908