Physical Therapist l
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Physical Therapist I – Physical Therapy – Per Diem | Licensed as Physical Therapist as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts | Minimum of 1 year acute care experience required
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed staff physicians, house officers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners in the Inpatient Setting.
- Follows appropriate lines of communication to effectively resolve difficult patient/family/physician/staff situations.
- Responds promptly and courteously to customer (Internal & external)/patient requests.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs, and ages.
- Respects patient/customer privacy and confidentiality.
- Consistently presents a positive attitude in working with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates service excellence skills to support high level patient satisfaction as defined by department manager.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation, licensure, and certification.
- Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Demonstrates knowledge and follows JCAHO Patient Safety Goals. Supports department specific patient safety and quality initiatives as defined by department manager.
- Understands and adheres to St Elizabeth’s compliance standards and policies as they appear in Steward's Corporate Compliance Program, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics; sponsors and implements initiatives to achieve the System's compliance goals.
- Supports hospital and system-wide patient quality and safety practices as identified by National Quality Forum, JCAHO and system-wide Quality and Safety Plan.
- Fosters interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within the department and the organization.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively building a positive team spirit.
- Makes timely and appropriate decisions in the face of conflicting demands and interests.
- Understands own weaknesses & limitations and works to improve upon them.
- Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand it.
- Utilizes the departmental process to find the most appropriate solution to challenges.
- Exhibits respectful awareness of others' feelings and demonstrates willingness to help others.
- Supports patient care needs in adhering to attendance policies with regards to tardiness, absences, and vacation scheduling.
- Presents a positive reflection on the hospital and its Core Values.
- Follows hospital standards of work (i.e., dress code, name badge, and parking).
- Obtains all appropriate information from patient medical records and/or interview. Consults with physicians and other caregivers as needed.
- Chooses and utilizes appropriate evaluation tests and tools while maintaining the safety of the patient.
- Sets measurable goals inclusive of patient/family goals and expectations.
- Establishes appropriate treatment plan based on results of subjective and objective assessment and precautions.
- Monitors physiological and psychological responses of treatment and revises treatment plan and goals appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provides education/instruction to patient/family and other health care providers.
- At discharge, makes appropriate recommendations for equipment HEP, self-care management, and continued services.
- Documentation is consistently timely, legible, and accurate.
- Carries a patient load that reflects the established productivity standard of 75%.
- Supervises students and provides observational experiences. Thoroughly completes student evaluation when applicable and submits that evaluation to center clinical coordinator within the established timeframe.
- Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth through continuing education.
Licensed as Physical Therapist as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Minimum of 1 year acute care experience required, ICU experience preferred
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 114094