Physical Therapy Assistant, Per Diem, Physical Therapy
Clinically reports to the Clinical specialist and Staff Physical Therapists. Treats patients as directed by Physical Therapist. Also responsible for scheduling, documentation and billing.
Reports to the Physical Therapy Supervisor.
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant program accredited or approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Current Physical Therapy Assistant license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current BLS by American Heart Association certification
- TEAM WORK
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior as defined by profession, industry and /or organization
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately select, administer, score, and interpret formal and informal assessment tools.
- Demonstrates ability to implement, modify and advance treatment programs that maximize the highest functional performance of each patient, in a creative, skillful, and efficient manner, and in collaboration with other team members
- Demonstrates care planning that simultaneously incorporates patient and family goals and preferences, physician requirements, and financial issues and constraints.
- Appropriately addresses patient education needs including, but not limited to discharge planning, home exercise programs, and equipment needs.
- Provide relevant information to the therapist on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates documentation that adheres to departmental, professional, and regulatory standards and timeframes with clinical, multi/interdisciplinary and payer mandated documentation and clinical care communication.
- Submits timely and accurate charges.
- Demonstrates compliance with policy, procedure, and practice standards.
- Demonstrates responsibility for and enhancement of clinical skills through in-services, literature review, self-study or other learning opportunities during the year.
- Effectively seeks out/uses feedback to improve performance.
- Knows and understands job responsibilities and takes charge of and accepts these responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to learn and apply new skill.
- Completes appropriate competencies for the hospital and Department
- Provides patient care based on evidence based medicine
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
- Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by Supervisor.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 7205