Physician Assistant, PD
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a member of the Steward Health Care system, is seeking a per diem, experienced Physician Assistant to join our team. This position will serve the practice at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center. The St. Margaret’s Center for Women and Infants at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center offers an intimate, personalized patient care experience with expert doctors, nurse midwives, and nurses. St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is in the Brighton neighborhood of Boston, near some of Boston’s major universities. The hospital serves a diverse patient population from the Boston area and beyond.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology consists of three sub-specialties including General Gynecology, Urogynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology. St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center serves as the tertiary care hospital for Steward Health Care in Massachusetts and is a teaching hospital of Boston University School of Medicine and Tufts University School of Medicine. This position features a medical school Faculty appointment commensurate with background and experience.
- Incoming OB/GYN Physician Assistant will work independently and in collaboration with a team of physicians
- Performs bedside procedures, as appropriate to the patient population
- Act as the first assist in procedural areas or the operating room
- Teaching opportunities are available as well as involvement with ongoing quality improvement initiatives
- Physician Assistant with experience in Obstetrics/Gynecology are encouraged to apply
- Graduation from and accredited program
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Current Massachusetts license to practice is required
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of OB/GYN experience and/or strong interest in OB/GYN
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate clinical expertise for functioning in an independent role
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.