Polysomnag Tech, FT Overnight
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
Shift: 36 Hours, Overnight
Performs polysomnography data acquisition and scores results
- Understands the basic montage and sets up patients and equipment accurately and quickly.
- Is able to perform all sleep study modes in accordance with the policy and procedure manual with no supervision.
- Interacts appropriately and in a helpful manner with patients to extract and record pertinent observations for the record.
- Performs ongoing physiological and psychological assessment of the patient and integrates this new information with the past record.
- Scores sleep stages, sleep apnea, hypopnea, and nocturnal myoclonus and recognizes certain EEG and EKG abnormalities and artifacts consistently and in a timely manner.
- Applies and adjusts CPAP according to the procedure manual and in a manner that promotes maximum acceptance by the patients.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to medical emergencies that may arise during sleep studies.
- Maintains an inventory of all equipment and reports shortages early enough to prevent stock outs.
- Calibrates and maintains all equipment necessary for sleep monitoring to allow for complete and accurate tests.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment and maintains logbook in a timely manner.
- Develops and continues to improve communications with physicians involved in ordering and interpreting sleep disorder tests.
- Maintains accurate record of sleep studies and results according to ASDC standards.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and corrects deficiencies to prevent loss of test time in the lab.
- Reads, reviews and shares with others in the Sleep Lab current literature and changes in sleep research.
- Represents the department by planning, developing, and presenting educational programs to the public.
- Executes accurate studies for pediatric, special needs, adult, and geriatric patient populations by applying principles unique to each of the groups.
- Actively participates in department process improvement program.
- Strictly adheres to Universal Precautions procedures
- Performs other duties as may be required
Certificate of Completion from a recognized Polysomnography Training Program.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEOemployer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 130743