Pool Medication Reconciliation Tech
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications. The Medication Reconciliation Technician reviews, clarifies, documents and verifies with the patient if possible, their ΓÇ£Prior to AdmissionΓÇ¥ medications within 24 hours of admission to the hospital. The technician will keep records of all work processed for medication reconciliation performance monitoring.
- Identify all patients admitted to hospital within last 24 hours
- Collect a list of medications prescribed to the patient prior to admission via:
- Patient/Family interview or provided med list
- Retail pharmacy utilized by patient
- Clinic the meds are acquired from
- Clarify any potential errors in dosing or duplication that may be identified using
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Document medication list in computer (Clinicals) with:
- Drug Name
- Last time taken (if able to identify)
- Source of information
- Name of technician completing medication reconciliation
- Collaborates with nursing to identify obstacles to acquiring information
- Notifying providers of completed medication reconciliation
- Scans all completed records into the medication Order Management system (MOMs)
- Assists with answering telephones when short staffed or busy in pharmacy
- Aids in putting medication inventory on shelf when needed
- Education: A degree or the equivalent combination of education and training experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years pharmacy operations experience desired and one (1) year purchasing experience desired; ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile preparations preferred
- Certification/Licensure: Current technician certification and IV certification if position requires compounding sterile preparation and required licensing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Reference #: 3913