Practice Director - Steward Medical Group
The Practice Manager, under the direction of the Practice Administrator, is responsible for the overall success of one or more assigned medical practices at one or more locations with two or more providers. Responsible for the daily operation of assigned practices to ensure a superior patient experience, a positive team environment, and an efficient and financially successful practice
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages the daily operations of usually two (2) or more practices and ensures the coordination of the work activities and staff schedules.
1) Effectively manages Human Resources functions for assigned practices through leadership, training, positive reinforcement, and, if necessary, appropriate corrective action.
2) Supervises staff for assigned practices.
3) Consistently creates and upholds an engaging environment for all team members by appreciating, caring for and encouraging/developing them.
4) Hires, counsels and provides disciplinary action for associates as necessary.
5) Willing and able to travel 20% of the time
5) Arranges for, or provides, appropriate training for all new associates.
6) Maintains adequate coverage for the clinical and non-clinical support of each practice, providing justification for changes in staffing levels as necessary
7) Ensures all associates have the proper tools, resources and education needed to perform their job properly.
8) Manages front desk functions and maintains a working knowledge of registration, appointment scheduling, insurance verification/authorization process, payment collection, charge posting, daily cash reconciliation and bank deposits.
9) Manages process for month-end financial and operational requirements to be sure all work is completed timely, including, but not limited to, work queues, bank deposits, charge posting, cash reconciliation and denial report management. Researches and addresses questions relative to coding and billing.
10) Monitors all clinical functions, seeking input from physicians and clinical management as needed.
11) Conducts or arrange for regular inspections to be sure all documentation requirements are being met for current inventory of medical, pharmaceutical, and administrative supplies, medication storage, supply expiration date management, biomedical waste permit and other programs as required.
12) Responsible for ensuring effective communication with all staff and providers regarding policies, procedures, forms, changes, and requirements.
13) Provides input into and initial development of annual capital and operating budgets for assigned practices.
14) Recognizes staffing needs and works with Administrator to provide justification for changes.
15) Identifies additional physician or provider needs and works with Administrator to develop corresponding business plan.
16) Identifies opportunities for improved financial performance through cost avoidance and implements action plans accordingly.
17) Working with Administrator, identifies equipment or service line needs and works with Administrator to develop corresponding business plan.
18) Monitors department productivity measures. Reviews WRVU production with Administrator and physicians on a regular basis and makes recommendations as necessary to meet targets
19) Maintains a safe and attractive environment while meeting OSHA, CLIA
· Bachelor's Degree preferred.
· 5 years relevant healthcare experience acceptable in lieu of degree requirement.
· Strong personnel management skills.
· Revenue management and procedural coding knowledge.
· Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
· Knowledge of medical technology (EMR) and terminology
· Knowledge of front office tasks and systems
· Knowledge of organization policies and procedures
· Skilled in customer service
· Skilled in interpersonal, oral, and written communication
· Skilled in organization as demonstrated by the ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines
· Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members and other stakeholders/customers.
Job Reference #: 1805973