About Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Surgical Services and the Director, Practice Management, the Clinical Manager is responsible for jointly overseeing the clinical and administrative aspects of the St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center Bone and Joint Program.
This role will require infrequent travel across Eastern Massachusetts. While all surgical cases are done at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Brighton, MA, satellite clinics are in Weston, Chestnut Hill and Boston.
- Ensuring high quality patient experience.
- Management and supervision of clinic staff
- Creating an efficient and productive environment for patient care through staff development, operational process improvement, and onsite management.
- Ensuring smooth and responsive business operations related to revenue cycle, surgical authorizations, phone management, information technology, and patient appointment scheduling.
- Supporting Surgeons, Advanced Practitioners and support staff in addressing operational problems or issues.
- Collaborating with Surgical Director on business development and growth strategies.
- Managing and developing relationship with key constituencies including internal and external partners to improve operations and develop business.
- Participating in regular review of services to ensure compliance with hospital based regulatory requirements (i.e. DPH, Joint Commission).
• LPN, RN, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required.
• Current Massachusetts applicable Licensure Required
• Five to seven years of healthcare management experience, preferably in a large group practice. Private practice experience desirable.
• Working knowledge of office operations, budgeting and financial reporting, medical billing operations and systems required.
• Ability to jointly manage the financial and operations aspects of specialty care sites.
• Experience with Meditech and/or Athena preferred.
• Capacities to analyze, think creatively, weigh alternatives and act decisively.
• Ability to manage and direct the overall operations of private physician offices and clinics within Steward Medical Group