Provider Onboarding Coordinator
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Provider Onboarding Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Onboarding Team in the day to day activities associated with onboarding and offboarding all providers in the for Emergency Medicine, Radiology, Pathology and Hospitalist specialties.
- Entering new provider’s records into Salesforce
- Drafting onboarding paperwork including Initial Application Request forms (IAARF’s), Start Date Change letters, New Hire Memo’s, initial notification emails to Provider Enrollment Vendors, etc.
- Pre-populating Provider Information forms for Provider Enrollment paperwork being sent to new hires for completion
- Pre-populating Designation of Privileges forms for the On-boarding Specialists to send to new providers to complete, sign and upload to the Verity Application
- Uploading provider documents to applicable folder(s) on Department Shared drive
- Sending requests to finance to pay Initial Application Fees and updating Salesforce tracking
- Assisting On-boarding Specialists with Information entry into the Verity On-line Application as needed
- Running Salesforce Onboarding reports
- Sending Information Services Registration email to new providers with instructions to register new IS accounts
- Managing Radiology Privileges Tracker which includes adding newly released Physicians to tracker, looking up privilege statuses on Verity Verification site and updating tracker as applicable
- Assists with scheduling PACS computer training for new Radiologists
- Assists Onboarding Manager with preparing weekly On-boarding updates for Departments Chiefs and Chairs
- Entering Termination Records into Salesforce
- Preparing and sending TRACO change notices to the TRACO department to terminate malpractice coverage for Physicians terminations
- Sending Termination notification emails to applicable departments; Medical Staff Office/Central Verification Office, Contracting and Provider Enrollment Vendor
- Managing malpractice facesheet storage on Department Shared drive, pulling facesheets for vendors or providers as requested
- Assisting with yearly TRACO/malpractice facesheet reconciliation
- Preparing TRACO change notices for physician FTE changes
- Following up with providers who have not completed their Reappointment applications as requested by the Central Verification Office notification
- Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Relevant work experience may substitute for degree requirements.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in a healthcare environment.