Radiology Tech Aide/File Room Clerk
- Retrieve, digitize, distribute, file, and track all radiology image datasets, reports, documents and requests utilizing PACS, CD burner, hardcopy copy files, radiology transcription/voice recognition system, hospital/radiology information management systems, and image review/retrieval/archive systems.
- Mail/transmit requested image datasets and reports.
- Call or fax "wet readings" to inpatient and outpatient units and/or MD office as needed.
- Sort and distribute daily mail, reports, and correspondence.
- Perform required paperwork, data tracking, and logging for image dataset and report transactions.
- Post and remove completed cases from viewing stations.
- Retrieve prior image datasets and prepare for reading as needed.
- Maintain all image-related subpoena and depositions requests.
- Retrieve and correlate cross index files.
- Track film tracking to on-site and off-site locations to ensure all films are interpreted and returned.
- Reviews PACS system for readings and final checks.
- Clean PACS and other image viewing monitors as needed and in accordance to protocol.
- Greet, receive, and assist customers when addressing image dataset and report management.
- Maintain orderliness of the image dataset/report management area to ensure ease of dataset/report retrieval.
- Maintain appropriate supplies for the file area while reporting supply shortages to the lead clerk with ample notice.
- Communicate quality improvement observations, concerns, and/or recommendations to supervisor.
- Assist other professional, technical, and clerical staff as needed by managing image datasets and reports in a quick and courteous manner.
- Maintain general knowledge of other clerical areas and provide assist in those areas.
- Perform work in all Department of Radiology image dataset and document locations as needed and when needed.
- Perform other related work in other clerical/aide areas as needed.
- Assist with flow of Radiology patients by notifying appropriate modality after patient arrival in holding area.
- Assist with flow of Radiology patients by coordinating transport when patient is ready for return to room or facility.
- Visualize patient and follow protocols for safety and infection control.
- Immediately report any patient care or equipment problems to nursing/technologist staff.
- Seek assistance from nursing/technologist staff to meet patient personal needs.
- Prepare equipment by wiping down stretcher or wheelchair with disinfectant wipe and covering surface of equipment with a sheet.
- Assist nursing/technologist staff with moving patient from wheelchair or stretcher.
- Ensure that patient is provided a sheet for privacy and a blanket for comfort as needed.
- Obtain and transport paperwork/chart as required.
- Identify correct patient for transportation in accordance with hospital policy.
- Adhere to the necessary precautionary methods for patients on precautions and will use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Communicate with patients, nursing personnel and other department personnel in the performance of position responsibilities.
- Notify appropriate personnel upon arrival /departure of patient and/or miscellaneous items at unit/department.
- Report immediately any change in patient's condition (difficulty breathing, complaints of discomfort, etc) to nursing/technologist staff.
- Maintain and clean equipment (stretchers & wheelchairs) in collaboration with transport staff.
- Report defective equipment to the appropriate manager for repair
|High school diploma or equivalent.|
|Medical terminology experience preferred. One year previous medical record billing experience preferred.|
|PACS, office computers, telephone, fax, voice recognition/transcription, image management systems.|
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 8524