Job Summary: Provides indirect patient care in the Physical Therapy Department by obtaining initial and ongoing authorization for PT, OT, and speech therapy.
- Works closely with Medical Records, Billing, and Financial Counselors to ensure therapy visits are covered.
- Meets the communication needs of the patient/family, departmental staff and medical staff.
- Implements directions from the physicians and rehab staff.
- Provides cross coverage and for administrative support duties in PT, OT, Speech, EEG, EMG and Sleep Lab.
- High School Graduate or equivalent;
- one year experience in office setting or hospital setting preferred.
- Experience with billing and insurance preferred.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 3176