Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 7/29/2020
Performs diagnostic procedures as requested by physicians utilizing diagnostic ultrasound equipment to obtain high quality diagnostic images. Performs all ultrasound examinations pertinent to the Radiology/Ultrasound modality including, abdominal, obstetric, gynecologic, extremities, small parts, and minor surgical procedures (i.e. cyst aspirations and biopsies). Prepares procedure room, equipment, supplies and medications as needed. Practices Morton Hospital Customer Service standards.
- Demonstrates competency in the operation of Ultrasound equipment.
- Documents patient's history, completing the appropriate work sheets in an accurate and legible manner.
- Tests probe cleaning chemistry maintaining daily log.
- Demonstrates awareness and competence regarding patient safety.
- Properly cleans and organizes room upon completion of procedures.
- Reviews patient's records to ensure appropriateness of procedure.
- Consistently obtains diagnostic quality images demonstrating competency in all diagnostic procedures as described in Department protocols.
- Consistently checks patient's identification. Demonstrates ability to coordinate care with other members of the health care team.
- Explains the procedure to the patient and gives the patient the opportunity to ask relatives questions.
- Keeps patient and family members informed of progress and/or delays associated with their procedure.
- Completes the annual education in Steward University.
- Notifies supervisor of supply shortages, equipment malfunctions and problematic situations within the department.
- Readily and willingly contributes to a team approach in order to provide the best patient care and service.
- Always checks and completes the status change in the Meditech system as the patient exam is completed.
- Scans worksheets into PACS system.
- Employee will comply with the principles of Infection Control an Aseptic Technique
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.