Regional Director of Clinic Operations (SMG)
The Regional Director of Clinic Operations is responsible for the overall operational, financial, quality, and service performance in the various physician practice markets/locations. This position will play a leadership role in creating and executing a strategic plan and identifying and implementing business development strategies to promote growth, improve quality and system performance. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Practice Operations at Steward Medical Group, the incumbent will have support and autonomy to handle current challenges, and to help recruit and grow the practices.
- Direct all functions of physician practice operations for the multiple physician practices in a designated Steward Physician Market.
- Complete the annual operating and capital budgets with the Executive Director, SVP, COO, VP of Finance and CFO.
- Formulate long-term strategic plans and business development programs for operational needs.
- Evaluate practice efficiency including all personnel (physicians, clinical and administrative support staff) utilizing accepted quality measures, productivity standards, skill mix comparisons, and patient satisfaction survey data.
- Participate in physician recruitment activities, and contract negotiations, as needed. Collaborate with Physicians and clinical staff, to address and respond to patient care needs and issues.
- Implement new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve quality and enhance service to patients.
- Participate on committees assigned by the Executive Director and Senior Leadership team members.
- Provide leadership to the Operations Team, and perform other duties as required by the position.
- Works collaboratively with the local hospital leadership team on strategic initiatives.
- Partners with finance to develop business plans for new providers.
- On-boards new physicians and advanced practitioners consistent with the medical group’s policies and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated team building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
- Demonstrate skills in business analysis and/or financial management.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Good technical/computer skills and organizational skills
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
- Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment.
- Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience, Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years of leadership experience in healthcare. Prior experience in Physician Practice Management is required.