Registered Nurse, 36 hrs, Overnights REQ 29941
Hours Summary: 36 hours, Overnights 7pm-730am, Every Other Weekend
St Camillus is a 32 bed adult geriatric inpatient telemetry unit. The primary focus is patients requiring telemetry monitoring, recovery post cardiac catheterization, and monitoring patients with cardiac dysrythmia, chest pain, CHF, dig toxicity, stroke and TIA.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources as necessary.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care, (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals and interventions according to established standards.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician's orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assess patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale, (e.g. numerical, FACES, and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients' response to medication.
- Readily accepts accountability for designated patient and effectively hands off patient as required.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- BSN preferred.
- Current MA RN License.
- BCLS required
- Minimum 2 years hospital experience preferred
- Must be ACLS certified by the end of the nursing orientation perirod..
- Minimum of 2 years of telemetry experience preferred.