Registered Nurse - ICU - Heart Team - Full Time - SLRMC
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today’ you’ll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
Registered Nurse- ICU Heart Team (Tier II)
Provides direct/indirect patient care in the critical care setting. Responsible for recovery/stabilization of post open-heart patients including, but not limited to
1) Successful completion of internal training, skill development & competency certification;
2) Care of critical care & IMC/Tele patients as needed to include communicating with physicians about all aspects of patient condition to include hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic tests & other symptomology;
3) Care of patients during all phases of intra-aortic balloon pumping-interventional management maintenance & weaning from IABP. Point of Care Testing, including collection, testing and reporting as it relates to job position.
Participates in quality & process improvement in the ICU during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts. Demonstrates support of the Medical Center’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, guests and visitors through use of STAR key words: Service, Teamwork, Accountability/Attitude, Responsiveness.
Additional functions when acting as Charge Nurse: Make patient care assignments based on the skill, experience, & temperament of nursing personnel & on acuity of patients, ensuring patient, staff safety, assist in the evaluation of performance & skills of Agency/Temporary staff & regular critical care staff. Responsibly directs & precepts staff members as needed/assigned in all aspects of critical care management.
- Current Nursing license for the State of Utah
- Successful completion of basic critical care course within the first year of employment.
- Successful completion of a dysrhythmia recognition course.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Successful completion of open heart recovery class and competencies preferred.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
"Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1804795