Registrar - 7a-3;30p, 32 hours (every other weekend)
I POSITION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Admitting Manager/Director of Admitting/Registration, performs duties related to the registration/admission of patients into the Meditech registration system. Generates accurate and complete patient records that will enable the Hospital to maximize reimbursement. Functions as customer service representative and ambassador for the Hospital. Works with the Administrative Manager to ensure appropriate bed placement. Maintains Hospital census. Acts as a gatekeeper for direct admissions to ensure that Hospital policies and procedures are followed. Handles release of expired patients to funeral homes.
Reports to a Supervisor, Manager, and Director of Admitting/ Registration.
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. Ability to multi task
3. Excellent customer service/communication skills
4. Ability to use independent judgment
5. Ability to prioritize
6. 3rd party and managed care knowledge
7. Medical Terminology
8. Healthcare/Physician Office experience
IV. PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
D. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
F. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
1. Obtains and enters into Meditech complete and accurate demographic, insurance and clinical information
2. Accurately assigns medical record number
3. Processes patients in a timely, efficient and courteous manner
4. Demonstrates knowledge of 3rd party and managed care regulations
5. Obtains required signatures; follows up for completion as necessary
6. Distributes Advanced Directive/HIPAA/Patient Right information and documents dissemination in Meditech
7. Accurately processes patients using downtime procedures as necessary
8. Effectively utilizes insurance verification software
9. Collects co pays/deductibles/deposits as required
10. Utilizes Meditech Order Entry
11. Utilizes Medical Necessity software and generates ABN’s as required
12. Reviews training materials/manual regularly to maintain an understanding of Hospital.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of Hospital policies, including Safety, Environment, Disaster and Infection Control policies and procedures.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 11278