Resource Nurse, Nursing Administration - 24 hours (7p-7:30a) every third wknd & holiday rotations
The Registered Nurse, under the day-to-day supervision of the assigned nursing supervisor, provides support to staff nurses by assisting with staff education and performance improvement. Assist staff with procedures, policies and care of patients on the inpatient floors and emergency services department.
• To assist in promoting and maintaining quality patient care
• Assist in teaching nursing staff procedures, policies and the standard practice of the facility
• Respond to Rapid Responses and Code Blue calls within the inpatient services, including Behavioral Health Units, Maternity, and Emergency Services
• Resource RN may be assigned a temporary patient assignment in order to facilitate admissions, discharges, transports, meal break coverage, and rapid responses.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation
• Round frequently on the all inpatient units and emergency services and act as a resource for staff.
• Acts as expert resource for IV assertion for difficult starts, may work to train novice RNs on increasing their own IV competency.
• Assist staff with medication administration, documentation, patient care
• Work closely with staff to develop an environment that promotes staff growth, role competency and proficiency in nursing skills/critical thinking
• Work with staff to improve patient experience
• Promote RN professionalism and provide guidance to the Novice RN
Management of Time and Resources:
• Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
• Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
• Is reliable in respect to attendance.
• Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
• Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
• Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
• Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
• Produces quality results.
• Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
• Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
• Responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Professional and a positive attitude
• Embraces team work and ability to multitask
• Excellent critical thinking skills and organization skills
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of caring and treating patients with complex medical and surgical health care needs
• Strong telemetry skills
• Strong IV insertion and maintenance skills
• Current MA Licensure as a Registered Nurse
• Registered Nurse for minimum of 5 years
• American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certification
• BSN preferred
• IV Insertion Certification must be obtained within one (1) year of hire.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 9562