Resource Nurse, 24 HRs/Week, Night Shift (7:00PM-7:30AM), Every 3rd Weekend
The Registered Nurse, under the day-to-day supervision of the assigned nursing supervisor, provides support to staff nurses by assisting with registered nurse accountabilities within specific assigned units/procedural areas, participating staff education and performance improvement activities. Job accountability may deviate slightly between various units.
• RN may be assigned to facilitate admissions and/or discharges transports on assigned units.
• Function in the role of Rapid Response Team and/or Code Blue response team nurse including Behavioral Health Units and Maternity.
• Assist in emergent procedure as skills allow on assigned units.
• Assist staff with procedures, policies, and care of patients on the inpatient floors. Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand.
• Resource RN may be assigned a temporary patient assignment in order to facilitate admissions, discharges, transports, and rapid responses
• Round frequently on assigned inpatient units and act as a resource for staff.
• Assist staff with medication administration, documentation, patient care.
• Work closely with staff to develop an environment that promotes staff growth, role competency and proficiency in nursing skills/critical thinking.
• Work with staff to improve patient experience
• Promote RN professionalism and provide guidance to the Novice RN
• Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
• Carries phone/pager to facilitate communication.
• Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
• Assists in maintaining quality metrics compliance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Ability to safely manage the Med/Surg Patient population
• Ability to manage chest drains, wounds vacs, A-lines, pacemakers, and titration of intravenous medications.
• Acts as additional resource for IV assertion for difficult starts, may work to train novice RNs on increasing their own IV competency.
• Access & de-access portacaths
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: Critical Care Experience Required
Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure in Massachusetts as Registered Nurse
Job Reference #: 3153