Resource Nurse-24 Hrs/Week-Night Shift-Every 3rd Weekend
Resource Nurse, 24 HRs/Week, Night Shift (7:00PM-7:30AM), Every 3rd Weekend
The Registered Nurse, under the day-to-day supervision of the assigned nursing supervisor, provides support to staff nurses by assisting with registered nurse accountabilities within specific assigned units/procedural areas, participating staff education and performance improvement activities. Job accountability may deviate slightly between various units.
• RN may be assigned to facilitate admissions and/or discharges transports on assigned units.
• Function in the role of Rapid Response Team and/or Code Blue response team nurse including Behavioral Health Units and Maternity.
• Assist in emergent procedure as skills allow on assigned units.
• Assist staff with procedures, policies, and care of patients on the inpatient floors. Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand.
• The Resource RN in this position shall not assume a patient assignment, but may take a temporary patient assignment (such as for imaging and transfers to other units and during rapid responses). The Resource RN may assist RNs with providing care (as distinct from taking the patient assignment) including, for example admissions and discharges.
• Round frequently on assigned inpatient units and act as a resource for staff.
• Assist staff with medication administration, documentation, patient care.
• Work closely with staff to develop an environment that promotes staff growth, role competency and proficiency in nursing skills/critical thinking.
• Work with staff to improve patient experience
• Promote RN professionalism and provide guidance to the Novice RN
• Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
• Carries phone/pager to facilitate communication.
• Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
• Assists in maintaining quality metrics compliance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Ability to safely manage the Med/Surg Patient population
• Ability to manage chest drains, wounds vacs, A-lines, pacemakers, and titration of intravenous medications.
• Acts as additional resource for IV assertion for difficult starts, may work to train novice RNs on increasing their own IV competency.
• Access & de-access portacaths
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: Critical Care Experience Required
Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure in Massachusetts as Registered Nurse
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 3153