Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 7/27/2020
Administration of Respiratory Care to Inpatient and Outpatient populations
- Performs all therapeutic treatments in a complete and timely manner.
- Performs arterial blood gas (ABG) drawing and ABG, Cord pH, and Venous pH analysis efficiently, safely “within an appropriate time”
- Performs Pulmonary Function testing and Six Minute Walk test efficiently, safely and as ordered.
- Educates patients about the method and necessity of performing respiratory treatments in order to insure therapeutic outcomes.
- Identifies the appropriate patient and administers the correct therapy or diagnostic care on a routine basis.
- Maintains equipment in a functional and sanitary condition to provide effective and safe care.
- Maintains technical competency in quality control of the blood gas analyzers.
- Operates and maintains mechanical ventilators to achieve the best respiratory state for each patient.
- Suggests appropriate changes in respiratory care to nurses and physicians as patient’s respiratory status changes.
- Responds to emergency situations immediately in a calm and professional manner and ensures the adequate maintenance of ventilation during cardiopulmonary resuscitation or other respiratory crisis.
- Reports to the oncoming shift concisely and completely.
- Incorporates all appropriate events and observations into the patient’s record in a timely manner.
- Strictly obeys hospital infection control and isolation procedures.
- Assimilates all new orders for respiratory procedures into the assigned daily work within the shift ordered.
- Appropriately triage therapy assignments to insure critical therapy is completed and not deferred to routine care.
- Cleans, maintains, and sets up equipment to ready it for future use. Cleans and maintains respiratory work and storage areas to allow efficient uncluttered use of these spaces.
- Maintains the technical capability to assess patients’ respiratory status based on age-related categories.
- Fills the Charge Therapist role fairly and effectively.
- Performs assigned inservice education, performance improvement or policy revision tasks efficiently.
- Reports to nurses and physicians all notable deterioration or improvement in a patient’s condition.
- Maintains an understanding of current projects, events and policies by attending department staff meetings, monitoring electronic messaging or reading minutes of hospital meetings.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.