Respiratory Therapist;PRN; 7a-7p- Day Shift
Under the general supervision of the Manager Respiratory Care, renders professionals Respiratory Care in accordance with physician's therapeutic plans, departmental guidelines, and standards of care. In doing so, assesses patient's respiratory condition, plans for therapy, sets up and cares for appropriate respiratory equipment, administers prescribed inhalant medications, provides appropriate patient/family education, evaluates patient's therapy, and documents patient assessments and responses to therapies. Performs arterial blood gas and ECG procedures as indicated. Problem-solves Respiratory Therapy equipment for malfunction, proactively reports equipment in need of repair as indicated and follows up on status of repair.
Hours of Operation:
Respiratory Care - 24 hours/7 days/week
Patient Population Served: Acute Care - Adult/NICU
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Adult/Pedi RT - One year experience as a Respiratory Therapist in Adult/Pedi & Acute care experience preferred.
- NICU RT - Respiratory Therapist with two years experience in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit preferred.
- Respiratory Care License issued by the State of Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Certification by the National Board Board of Respiratory Care is required, Registration is desired.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification is required for Labor & Delivery Stabilization in the NICU.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) Program is required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification beneficial.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
General level of knowledge and clinical competencies as typically acquired through the completion of an accredited school of Respiratory Care.
- Ability to perform all respiratory care procedures as required by the Respiratory Care department.
- Good oral and written communication skills, in order to communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 1806766