RN, # 9191, Psych St. Dymphnas, Per Diem
- Must be available to work a minimum of two weekend shifts per month
- Must be available to work at least one major holiday between October and April and another major holiday between May and September
- This position is covered by the MNA Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources as necessary.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care, (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals and interventions according to established standards.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician's orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assess patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale, (e.g. numerical, FACES, and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients' response to medication.
- Readily accepts accountability for designated patient and effectively hands off patient as required.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts required.
- At least 1 year experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
- BSN required and a demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
- BCLS required.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 9191