RN Care Coordinator
Location: Norwood Hospital
Posted Date: 1/8/2020
- The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the appropriateness of care provided to members of health plans contracted by Norwood Hospital and being held accountable for appropriate financial and clinical outcomes of these patients.
- The RN Care Coordinator will be assigned to selected areas of the Hospital on a rotating basis to perform utilization reviews and other UM activities, as needed based upon department staffing and coverage.
- Will support and coordinate the activities of the Social Workers assigned to the unit.
- As this is an evolving position, duties and responsibilities may vary based on specific assignments.
- BSN preferred
- Master's Degree preferred
- Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse required.
- Case Management Certification preferred.
- Recent experience in acute care setting involved with clinical activities and/or a managed care environment working in case management.
- Recent experience in case management role or related role.
- Excellelent computer skills including managing work against performance metrics and reporting on key indicators important to the department.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong data analytic skills to prepare and monitor management reports regarding the performance of the area assigned and the department.
- Demonstrated experience with managing against clinical and financial indicators and performance goals.
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively with physicians, managers, and other team members.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and directing staff teams to complete assignments accurately and on time.
- Evidence of continued professional development.