RN-Case Manager($5000 Sign On Bonus)
Under the direction of the Director of Case Management, the hospital case manager works as a member of a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, discharge planners, business office personnel, medical record personnel, ancillary staff, community resources, and payer sources to actively facilitate those functions associated with patients through an acute episode of care and discharge from the hospital. The hospital case manager helps to coordinate the provision of patient care services through admission screening, continued stay screening, and discharge planning. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric.
· RN or LVN with current license to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
· Experienced in utilizing severity of illness/intensity of service criteria.
· Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Basic Computer knowledge.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.