RN - Critical Care Float Pool *Premium Pay! - Utah Market
Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician’s treatment plans and standards of evidence based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient’s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient’s progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome
Units Covered in this Float Pool
ICU, Emergency, and may float to other departments when necessary.
This position requires employees to be available to work shifts at Mountain Point Medical Center, Jordan Valley Medical Center, Jordan Valley West Valley Campus, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, and Davis Hospital and Medical Center.
- position requires employees to be available to work shifts at Mountain Point Medical Center, Jordan Valley Medical Center, Jordan Valley West Valley Campus, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, and Davis Hospital and Medical Center.
- Must have current Utah State Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Must have at least one year RN experience in ICU and/or Emergency.
- Must be willing to work all Utah hospitals (mileage paid).
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Jordan Valley Medical Center, Jordan Valley West Valley Campus, Mountain Point Medical Center, Davis Hospital, and Salt Lake Regional are directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.