RN-Family Birth Place Night Shift (R320) *$5000 Sign On Bonus
*In order to receive sign on bonus, you must have a MIN of 2 years of experience in Labor and Delivery
The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of care to patients. The professional nurse assumes the responsibility and accountability for the delegation of patient care to other members of the health care team and assures completion of care delivery needs. She assumes responsibility for complying with federal regulations, and documentation requirement supporting patient care including completing patient records, completing quality audits and takes responsibility for competency in her assigned area. She assists as needed to assure good customer service with patients, family and other hospital staff and that department requirements are completed.
- Performs an accurate physical, emotional, and psychosocial assessment of assigned patients within established time guidelines. Completes any assigned audits to assure that chart is accurate and complete
- Initiates appropriate plan of care, nursing intervention and accurate documentation of records of assigned patients in a timely fashion.
- Consults and works collaboratively with appropriate member of the health care team in planning patient care.
- Updates plan of care as necessarily based on continually assessment of patient response to care; demonstrates sound clinical judgement adaptable of patient changing needs and documents completely.
- Utilizes appropriate teaching/instruction methods for parents and significant other of assigned patients and documents use of these approaches PRN
- Takes responsibility for all patient care assignments while maintaining quality assurance standards.
- Demonstrates an ability to respond and to provide direction in changing workload, during crisis and emergency situations within the FBP/NICU
- Reviews work in progress to ensure that all treatments, medications, and diagnostic tests ordered by the physicians are expeditiously and properly carried out.
- Reports assessment parameters to care providers.
- Accurately administers medications and performs treatments in accordance with the medical plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing and administrative structure and chain of command; follows proper lines of communication.
- Demonstrates knowledge of risk management and infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the use of equipment and devices pertinent to patient care, procedures, and practices.
- Attends at least eight staff meeting each year.. Signs minutes for those months unable to attend
- Meets continuing education requirements and competencies for unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the correct use of all forms required in the day to day operation of the unit.
- Demonstrates familiarity of crash cart functions and supplies.
- Provides proper notification and advanced notice for absences and tardiness.
- Takes responsibility to complete annual physical within allotted time frame.
- Appears well groomed and observes the hospital dress code; Wears identification badge while on duty; maintains a professional appearance.
- Performance improvement shown following a documented verbal counseling on any of the above indicators.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pre-op and pre-procedure requirements (ie:Labs,EKG) based on patients age,sex and health status.
- Explains procedures and treatments ordered to gain patients’ cooperation, allay apprehension, and promote compliance.
- Responds to patients and visitors with empathy and positive interpersonal skills both on the unit and throughout the organization.
- Communicates findings with other appropriate team members while ensuring confidentiality of patients’ records.
- Responds promptly to patients requests and call lights whether or not assigned to that patient.
- Assesses and anticipates patients’ needs, as documented in the medical record.
- Assesses and appropriately compensates for sensory deficits in the geriatric population.
- Assesses the need for parent involvement for the pediatric patient.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1760