RN First Assistant - Full Time Relief with Call/Weekend/Holiday as assigned
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Services for supporting the nursing philosophy and providing high quality, comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs as a team leader of multi-skilled workers to accomplish plan of care for each patient.
- Leads multi-skilled team to provide high quality, cost effective, comprehensive patient care.
- Independently makes sound judgments and effective decisions relative to patient care.
- Performs all skills on the Registered Nurse Equipment/Skills Checklist.
- Performs all skills on the Registered Nurse First Assistant Equipment/Skills Checklist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Completion of an Ohio State Certified RNFA Course with 32 hours didactic and 40 hours clinical required or received within eighteen (18) months from hire. Two years previous experience as an Operation Room RN/Labor & Delivery (both scrub & circulating roles) required. After orientation, up to six months of experience on this job would be required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current Ohio license as a registered nurse by the Ohio Board of Nursing required. CNOR certification by the Association of Operating Room Nurses required. RNFA certification required. BLS is required for every RN. Specific areas require specific qualifications.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSBroad knowledge in professional area and in operating room nursing.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7171