RN Manager Occupational Medicine
- Carries out hospital/nursing policies, procedures and standards.
- Implements practice guidelines & manages patient care outcomes through case management review and consistent with the scope of Occupational Health Services.
- Provides necessary assistance to the medical and nurse practitioner staff in the clinic.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Administers the effective distribution and utilization of personnel employed during the respective shift.
- Coordinates and evaluates services rendered by and to all departments during the respective shift on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps the Nurse Executive, his/her representative and/or the Administrator informed regarding circumstances or situations which have or may have serious impact.
- Uses good judgment in ensuring adherence to established hospital procedures and policies.
- Documents patient care and progress, patient instructions, worker communication and communication from other departments and other providers in chart.
- Participates on various committees.
- Collaborates with client companies in developing objectives for on-site employee health services, compatible with the company’s corporate goals and objectives when medically appropriate
- Develops and documents program statistics including procedure/ urgent care, surveillance and injury prevention services.
- Provides nursing care, including testing, examinations, urgent care and follow-up of injury and illness consistent with hospital policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Coordinates and monitors the care of patients with occupational health illness and / or injuries as appropriate.
- Follows Pharmacy protocols for obtaining drugs when the Pharmacist is unavailable.
- Evaluates accuracy of staffing systems.
- Ensures that technical and professional programs are scheduled for staff development and based on:
- Identified learning needs of personnel.
- Communication of facility directives, policies and procedures.
- Maintenance and enhancement of clinical expertise and program development.
- OSHA, CDC, DOT, JCAHO and DPH guidelines
- Ensures occupational safety for personnel through:
- Surveillance of safety program.
- Surveillance of infection control program (surface cleaning, PPE’s, disposal of waste).
- Minimizing exposure to hazardous and toxic substances.
- Ensures electrical safety is maintained. (in conjunction with Plant Operations)
- Takes a lead in fiscal management of the department related to :
- Monthly financials, creating variance reports and ops reports completely & on time
- Department charges and accurate billing by clinical & clerical staff day of treatment
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN Preferred.
Experience: 5 years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a similar setting.
Certification/Licensure: Current RN license within the state of practice; current BLS Certification; COHN preferred Authorizations, referrals, denials and appeals