Our New Graduate Nurse Program is very competitive. In addition to your formal application and you MUST meet the following minimum requirements and submit the following documents to be considered a candidate for the program: We will be hiring for our Emergency, Med Surg and Telemetry Units.
· Graduate of an accredited BSN program. Submit official transcripts.
· Write an essay response to the following question "What does "teamwork" on a nursing floor look like to you?
· Must have current MA RN license on or before July 10, 2020.
· Submit 3 letters of reference. Must be written by Adjunct faculty or clinical instructors.
All documents must be received or postmarked no later than July 10, 2020. Please mail or deliver portfolio to:
Good Samaritan Medical Center
ATTN: Emily Fay, HR Dept / NEW GRAD
824 Oak Street, Suite 103
Brockton, Massachusetts 02301
New Grad program will be starting August 24, 2019
Interviews will be the week of July 20 & 27
The per diem RN (new grad) provides care that addresses the specific needs of age groups from infant to elderly, and is also individualized to a variety of needs specific to impairments such as hearing, sight, substance abuse, non-English speaking, and potential victims of abuse. The RN incorporates knowledge and understanding of our commitment to patient rights, our mission, vision and values into nursing practice at GSMC.
The registered nurse assumes full and ultimate responsibility for the quality of nursing care she/he provides to individuals and groups. Included in such responsibility is health maintenance, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and restoration of optimal functioning and comfort or for the dignified death of those they serve. The registered nurse, within the parameters of his/her generic and continuing education experience, may delegate nursing activities to other registered nurses and/or health care personnel, provided that the delegating registered nurse shall bear full and ultimate responsibility for the patient outcomes. Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires BSN or currently enrolled in a BSN program
- Requires MA RN license
- Requires Successful completion of Standard Med test
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language
- Ability to complete mathematical computations required to perform treatment protocols
- Excellent assessment skills, clinical skills and organizational skills and charge capabilities
- Ability to lift, transfer and move patients