RN - NICU - Full Time - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and Department Director, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for care of infants in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Duties include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of infants. Directs and guides and teaches families and co-workers and ancillary personnel in care of infant and maintains standards of professional Nursing. Renders care and performs assessments, to patients, administers medications and notes reactions. Assists in maintaining highly specialized therapy with monitors and specialized equipment. Performs routine and technical care to newborns, premature infants, and acutely ill infants. Formulates a plan of care and revises it as changing needs of infant. Remains aware and facilitates the Bonding process with Parents and infant, at all levels of care. Other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience with Vents.
- Previous RN experience in NICU.
- Experience must include infant delivery resuscitation and stabilization through NRP guidelines and experience with high risk infants and micro-preemie stabilization.
- NICU Charge Nurse experience preferred but not required.
- Current RN License required.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- NRP certification required within first six (6) months of hire date.
- STABLE certification required within one (1) year of hire date.
“Jordan Valley Medical Center West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.”