RN - Per Diem Acute Care Unit
Location: Nashoba Valley Medical Center
Posted Date: 3/16/2020
Job Summary: Nashoba Valley Medical Center seeks a compassionate RN to join a top performing team dedicated to outstanding patient-centered care.
- Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to General Responsibility Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs patient care Responsibilities: considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain; Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Ability to assess and reassess pain and pain management techniques utilized.
- Educates the patient and family regarding pain management treatment.
- Able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
- MA RN Licensure
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing - BSN Preferred
- 1 year acute care experience in a hospital setting
- BLS required; ACLS preferred
- Telemetry experience a plus