Scheduling Coordinator - ENT Department
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations of a busy ENT practice.
- Scheduling surgical, invasive and diagnostic procedures
- Coordinating procedures with other departments/providers
- Obtaining necessary authorizations and referrals
- Tracking charge entry for surgical procedures
- Setting up pre-operative appointments and tests for patients
- Sending pre-surgical correspondence and confirmations to patients
- Assisting other administrative staff as needed, with scheduling appointments, preparing charts, etc.
- Greeting registering and directing patients
- Answering telephones and taking detailed messages for physicians, physician assistants and/or medical assistants
- Data entry of patient’s information, insurance referring physician and PCP information
- Verifying insurance eligibility
- Scheduling / rescheduling appointments, scheduling follow-ups, testing, labs, etc.
- Copayment entry, sending no show letters to patients
- Scanning medical records into the electronic health record
- Has a general understanding of medical terminology and medical insurance processes
- Significant, demonstrated experience with healthcare insurance; prior authorizations and surgical scheduling
- Organized and ability to multi-task
- 3-5 years healthcare experience
- 2-4-year degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Some travel between office locations may be required