Scheduling Coordinator-Patient Access Dept-40 Hrs/Week-Day Shift-No Weekends
II. Job Relationships:
- Physicians Office Staff
- Medical Records
- All departments scheduled for
- Care Management
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1) Maintains proper professional demeanor to patients, professional staff, and coworkers.
2) Respond to all customer complaints by following the hospital’s Service Recovery standards
3) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
4) Promotes a relaxing and positive customer service atmosphere.
5) Promotes and maintains cooperative interaction with Admitting staff, physician, nurses, other hospital departments, and outside contacts.
6) Answers all incoming phone calls in a timely manner. Responsible to answer all questions and/or route calls to appropriate destination.
7) Schedules patients for examinations and Admissions utilizing the Meditech scheduling system.
8) Obtains and enters into Meditech complete and accurate data received from physician offices and/or other hospital departments.
9) Verifies accuracy of tests scheduled with diagnosis
10) Quality checks all work to ensure that all tests and appointments are accurate in the scheduling system.
11) Coordinates patient flow throughout all scheduled departments.
12 Responsible to keep up with changes in departmental hospital regulations, policies, and procedures.
13 Constantly responds to changes in work schedules as necessary, making the best use of time during assigned shifts, performs well in emergency situations.
14) Files reports and generates daily schedules for distribution to Admitting areas.
15) Informs Lead/Manager, within appropriate time frame, if unable to complete daily assigned tasks.
16) Utilizes Daily Checklist to ensure that all job requirements are met daily.
1) Assures fax machines are cleared off at end of shift
2) Orders supplies when using last of item
3) Keeps area stocked and neat
4) Assures all confidential information is put in confidential bin
17) Always show respect for patient privacy by following established patient confidentiality protocols.
18) Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and orderliness of working area.
19) Assists the Manager in the education of scheduling policies and procedures to hospital personnel, doctor's offices, staff, and patients.
20) Responsible to relate hospital and insurance policies and regulations to MD offices and other departments when necessary.
21) Assists Manager of Centralized Scheduling in training and providing in-service education to physicians, physician offices, and other hospital personnel regarding admission, hospital, and/or insurance requirements.
22) Maintains highest standard of safety to patients, other staff, and self at all times
23) Ensures timely processing of admission/registration information to pre-registration and pre-certification coordinators.
25) Assists in all activities relative to meeting the objectives and requirements of insurances requiring preauthorization and Medical Necessity.
V. Reporting Requirements:
- Lead or Manager of Scheduling
- Administrative Director of Patient Access
- Accountable for accurate scheduling of exams according to procedures
- Accountable for obtaining preauthorization’s and Medical Necessity
- Accountable for excellent customer service
- Accountable for assuring phones are being answered in a timely fashion
- Accountable for all essential and non essential functions
- Accountable for all departmental and medical center policies
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent (college preferred)
Experience: 1-2 yrs Medical facility/physician’s office/scheduling preferred
Skills/Abilities: Medical terminology Preferred
ICD-9 Coding Preferred
Insurance knowledge preferred
Excellent customer service
Excellent communication skills
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6565