Scheduling Specialist - PrimaCARE, P.C.
Positon: Scheduling Specialist
Location: Fall River, MA
Job Type: Full-Time
The Scheduling Specialist provides scheduling support for a multi-faceted clinical office to ensure a smooth scheduling function in the Central Scheduling Department with excellent patient relations, interprets operating policies, while exercising independent judgment in resolution of clerical problems. The specialist interacts with patients, patients’ families and providers regarding patient schedule related issues and serves as a resource in a team environment. This specialist is responsible for maintaining the radiology department schedule making certain that the patient schedule flows smoothly. The specialist must be supportive of the department’s mission with a positive, constructive, and creative demeanor while being compassionate and committed to satisfying patient, family members and provider offices at all times. Essential job functions include:
- Answer incoming phone lines to schedule appointments for provider offices.
- Assist patients with rescheduling tests as needed.
- Research previous reports as needed (rotated weekly).
- Obtains missing orders from provider office as needed (rotated weekly).
- Prepares encounters for the next work day.
- Assists radiology technicians with add-ons as needed onto the schedule.
- Checks orders for the following business day to ensure accuracy.
- Calls mammography patients when additional testing is needed.
- Educates patient on required preparation before their scheduled test.
- Informs provider office if authorization requires a peer to peer approval with the payer.
- Places outbound phone calls to patients to confirm their appointments in coordination with the confirmation specialist.
- Calls patients that have NO SHOWED and offers to reschedule their appointment.
- Documents information in the EMR.
- Handles patient, provider, and staff requests within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment is required with a High School diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED) and a certificate.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and experience with office procedures and in business/administrative processes and procedures with strong computer skills.
- Experience in a medical office preferred.
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.