Security Officer -32 Hours
Under the direction of the Security Sergeant/Director of Security, provides security and safety of all staff, visitors and patients. Handles all traffic related matters. Functions as a resource regarding hospital information for patients and visitors. Maintains a safe environment for all visitors, patients and employees at Carney Hospital. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures. Must maintain an active knowledge of security emergency procedures and environment of care standards. Performs other duties as assigned by the Security Sergeant/Director of Security.
* Provides a visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities by patrolling the buildings and grounds of the hospital.
* Responds quickly and effectively to emergent and non-emergent situations.
* Ensures only authorized personnel are admitted onto hospital premises.
* Escorts visitors, patients and personnel to and from parking areas upon request.
* Maintains current information in lost and found logs. Notifies the D.O.S and the Sergeant when items are reported missing or are located.
* Serves as a member of the Fire Control Team and responds to all fires
* Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by hospital personnel, visitors, physicians or patients and reports all incidents, verbally or through general incident form, by the end of each shift.
* Writes accurate, clear and legible incident reports and documents investigatory steps and results.
* Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients including assisting patient care staff in restraining patients. Maintains annual de-escalation certification through the hospital training program.
* Patrols grounds by utilizing the security vehicle.
* Patrols the parking areas on foot and by vehicle to enforce the hospital parking policy program.
* Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
* Assists and gives courteous responses to any inquiries made by patients, visitors or personnel.
* Monitors the hospital using electronic security equipment (closed-circuit television, alarms, etc.).
* Enforces all hospital policies and procedures as assigned by Administration and the Security Department Director.
* Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
* Completes annual education requirements.
* Maintains patient and personnel confidentiality at all times.
* Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
* Completes time sheets according to departmental policy. Employees utilizing time cards will only punch themselves in and out on each shift.
* Wears identification in plain view at all times while on duty.
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
* Performs all other responsibilities as directed and needed.
* Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of Carney Hospital.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
Any combination of experience equivalent to at least 2 years in Security/Healthcare Operations, field experience in a law enforcement agency or prior service in the United States Military preferred. Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal skills, safety measures and de-escalation skills acquired through appropriate training.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 8427