We are looking to add a 16 hour Security Officer to our fast-paced busy Security Department within Morton Hospital located in the heart of Taunton, MA. We are a community health hospital who pride ourselves in providing exceptional care to meet our community’s needs. We proudly wear our “Morton Blues” and are the “hub” of healthcare for our region. We service not just our immediate Taunton residents’ needs but also surrounding towns treating all like family. That is what we strive for here at Morton – “Our Family, Caring for Yours” is not just our motto but our promise. So if you are looking to make a difference in the care you provide and to care for your patients as you would your own family member, apply today to this exciting opportunity.
Protects life and property of all persons on hospital premises. Patrols buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism.
- Provides documentation of all Security activities occurring while on duty. Documentation is accurate, clear and objective.
- Demonstrates knowledge of role and responsibility in emergency situations (i.e. fire, disaster, stat calls, etc.)
- Ability to use proper techniques when assisting nursing staff with patient restraints.
- Has a thorough knowledge of fire suppression systems in the facility.
- Patrols facility to prevent fires, theft and vandalism, and maintains high degree of visibility.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Ability to read, write and be fluent in English.
- High School Diploma or Equivalence
- Previous security, military or law enforcement experience.
- Previous hospital experience.
- College credits, Associate Degree in related field
- Ability to speak Portuguese/Spanish