Security Officer - Per Diem
Location: Good Samaritan Medical Center
Posted Date: 4/22/2020
|Under the direction of the Security Sergeant/Director of Security, provides security and safety of all staff, visitors and patients. Handles all traffic related matters. Functions as a resource regarding hospital information for patients and visitors. Maintains a safe environment for all visitors, patients and employees at Carney Hospital. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures. Must maintain an active knowledge of security emergency procedures and environment of care standards. Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Security.|
* Provides a visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities by patrolling the buildings and grounds of the hospital.
* Responds quickly and effectively to emergent and non-emergent situations.
* Ensures only authorized personnel are admitted onto hospital premises.
?? Escorts visitors, patients and personnel to and from parking areas upon request.
* Maintains current information in lost and found logs. Notifies the D.O.S and the Sergeant when items are reported missing or are located.
* Serves as a member of the Fire Control Team and responds to all fires
* Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by hospital personnel, visitors, physicians or patients and reports all incidents, verbally or through general incident form, by the end of each shift.
* Writes accurate, clear and legible incident reports and documents investigatory steps and results.
* Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients including assisting patient care staff in restraining patients. Maintains annual de-escalation certification through the hospital training program.
* Patrols grounds by utilizing the security vehicle.
* Patrols the parking areas on foot and by vehicle to enforce the hospital parking policy program.
* Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
* Assists and gives courteous responses to any inquiries made by patients, visitors or personnel.
* Monitors the hospital using electronic security equipment (closed-circuit television, alarms, etc.).
* Enforces all hospital policies and procedures as assigned by Administration and the Security Department Director.
* Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
* Completes annual education requirements.
* Maintains patient and personnel confidentiality at all times.
* Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
* Completes time sheets according to departmental policy. Employees utilizing time cards will only punch themselves in and out on each shift.
* Wears identification in plain view at all times while on duty.
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
* Performs all other responsibilities as directed and needed.
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
Any combination of experience equivalent to at least 2 years in Security/Healthcare Operations, field experience in a law enforcement agency or prior service in the United States Military preferred. Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal skills, safety measures and de-escalation skills acquired through appropriate training.
|High School Diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice preferred.|
|Any combination of experience equivalent to at least 2 years in Security/Healthcare Operations, field experience in a law enforcement agency or prior service in the United States Military preferred.|
|Valid Massachusetts class D operators license.|
|Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.|