Steward Health Choice is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Steward Health Choice believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Steward Health Choice provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: The staff accountant will be responsible for preparing monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, and enhancement payments to facilities. Provides support during audits, prepares the quarterly and annual financial statement filings, and assists the Assistant Controller in ad-hoc projects for Steward Health Care Utah (SHCU) and Mass Model A.
- Gathers and compiles necessary data to use in the preparation of monthly revenue, cash, medical expense, etc. journal entries, with proper back up, for posting to general ledger
- Verifies that all journal entries are completed on time and uploaded to the general ledger properly
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements and distributes to internal management
- Prepares quarterly and annual statements for the Departments of Insurance
- Other ad hoc reporting as required
- Process Check Runs for applicable line of business on their assigned day each week
- Verifies the check run reconciles to IT.
- Conducts daily monitoring of provider EFT payments
- Coordinates with Network Services for issues with EFT’s or checks being returned
- Retrieve and present supporting documentation for audit requests
- Maintains outstanding check lists and researches any reconciling items
- Works in conjunction with banks to correct errors and process any “stop payments”
- Adjusts all reconciling items via journal entry before the beginning of the next month
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts and clear any reconciling items before the close of the following month
- Assist the FP&A team with admin expense budget variance analysis and annual budget process when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience:
Work Related Experience: