Senior Clinical Assistant - ED Medical - 24 hours - 3pm-1130pm
Location: Good Samaritan Medical Center
Posted Date: 1/7/2020
Performs all patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse and functions in the role of assistant to the nursing staff. Including: Greeting ambulances, taking and recording vital signs, performing EKG's, assisting with procedures, providing hygiene and nutrition, feed pts as needed, and making rounds on a group of assigned patients, stocking supplies, transfer of patients to med-surg units and assist with cleaning patient care equipment.
- Provides and maintains a safe and comfortable environment for the patient:
- Assists patients getting in and out of bed.
- Orients patient to call l light and side rails, maintains accessibility and answers call light in a timely fashion.
- Stays with restless patients.
- Makes and instructs in the use of cough pillows.
- Assists in the collection of medical data, vital signs.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with specific components of admission, transfer, and discharge of patients:
- Preparation of the unit.
- Transferring patient to bed.
- Assembling patients' belongings.
- Accompanying patients as directed.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with ADLs:
- Partial bed baths, assistance with shower and sit baths, as appropriate for patient.
- Fills water pitchers serves nourishments.
- Records intake and output.
- Assists with collection of specimens.
- Documents vital signs, I&O on appropriate forms.
- Disposes of trash and linen on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with infectious diseases policy and procedures:
- Appropriately cares for patients on precautions.
- Uses protective measures as deemed appropriate.
- Separates infectious materials and disposes of them appropriately.
- Complies with Patient Safety goals as set forth by the medical center.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Responds to questions appropriately, referring items in question to authorized staff.
- Maintains positive communications with other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, EMT-P Paramedic.
- 1-2 years experience or Clinical experience at CGSMC, a minimum one-year working of clerical experience preferably in the medical field. Computer skills required.
- IV/Phlebotomy Skills, Dysrhythmia recognition.
- Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred.
- CPR, ACLS.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to complete mathematical computations required to perform treatment protocols.
- Able to lift, transfer and move patients.