Staff RN, Adult Psych, Req #4365, Per Diem
Must be available to work 4 weekend shifts per quarter
Must be available to work 2 Holiday shifts per year, which 1 must be a major holiday
Must pick up 8 additional shifts per quarter
This position is covered by the MNA Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Follows appropriate lines of communication to effectively resolve difficult patient/family/physician/staff situations.
- Responds promptly and courteously to customer (Internal & external)/patient requests.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages.
- Respects patient/customer privacy and confidentiality.
- Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Demonstrates knowledge and follows JCAHO Patient Safety Goals.
- Safely administers medications in accordance with physician's orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale (eg., numerical, FACES, and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients' response to medication.
- BSN required
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts required.
- Demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
- BCLS required.
- At least 1 year experience in psychiatric nursing preferred.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 4365