Staffing Coordinator - Per Diem, weekend & holiday rotations required
A person who performs administrative and clerical duties necessary to help secure optional daily staffing for the nursing units and who completes various duties related to the ongoing staffing process.
Reports to Administrative Assistant, Nursing
- High school degree
- 1-2 years scheduling experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Strong verbal communications and organizational skills.
- Data entry experience.
- Able to work independently and follow through appropriately.
- TEAM WORK
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
- Keeps others informed.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures the dignity of patient/customer is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e. ages and culture).
- Completes and verifies daily staffing worksheets. Develops a tool to ensure communications with Nurse Managers concerning staffing needs.
- Secures necessary additional staff according to procedure by making telephone calls to unscheduled staff, scheduling and/or assigning Floats and Flex personnel or utilizing agency nurses and communicates same to Nurse Managers/Administrative Managers.
- Maintains a file of agency personnel, tracks charges to units and prepares a monthly report to Administrative Assistant.
- Assists in completion of weekly payroll for Nursing Administration, Float and Flex departments.
- Responsible for paycheck distribution weekly.
- Responsible for distribution of miscellaneous reports and other material to all nursing units.
- Maintains employee calendars for Nursing Administration, Float and Flex departments with regard to education and actual time worked and time off.
- Adheres to hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Accomplishes essential duties of Administrative Assistant in his/her absence.
- Schedules phlebotomy and VCUG's.
- Inputs monthly nursing activity report information into controller.
- Scores med tests and safety quizzes for agency personnel. Scores and inputs information on safety quizzes for Nursing Department personnel on computer.
- Monitors daily staffing variances and updates system once a month from scheduler to staffer.
- Performs general clerical duties, i.e., typing, filing, sorting reports, etc.
- Performs related duties, as directed.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 7686