Sterile Supply Technician; 3:00pm-11:30p
The incumbent will maintain the inventory and availability of supplies and equipment needed to perform surgical procedures; work with Supervisor and coordinator to maintain the integrity of addition, deletions and par levels of supplies and assist with bi-annual inventory.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports the hospital’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Follows the St. Joseph Medical Centers’ Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification,
proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive
4. Check in supplies from warehouse.
5. Monitor stock levels for O.R. Supplies, and Crash Carts.
6. Retrieve and decontaminate patient care equipment, that SPD distributes
7. Participate in bi-annual inventory.
8. Stocks shelves.
9. Retrieve supplies from operating room, and credit into pyxis system for patient returns.
10. Coordinate Crash Cart exchange , and weekly quality assurance on carts.
11. Participate in daily case cart process.
12. Assists in maintaining bin locations
13. Maintain log of incoming implants, record and apply stickers
14. Test Hotline Blood warmers ,and maintain records of temperature checks.
15. Check in supplies from warehouse.
16. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by HPA and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
17. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4178