Steward Travel RN - Highly Customizable Contracts
Arizona – Florence, Mesa, Phoenix, and Tempe
Arkansas – Hope
Florida – Melbourne, Rockledge, and Sebastian
Louisiana – West Monroe
Massachusetts – Dorchester, Brockton, Haverhill, Methuen, Taunton, Ayer, Stoughton, Norwood, Fall River, and Brighton
Ohio – Warren
Pennsylvania – Sharon
Texas – Port Arthur, Beaumont, Odessa, Big Springs, Houston, San Antonio and Texarkana
Utah – Layton, West Jordan, West Valley City, Lehi and Salt Lake City
Highly Customizable Contracts! You say when and where and for how long!
Offering Premium Pay, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours and more!
The Travel RN will accept assignments in various nursing departments of competency within designated facilities as needed. These departments may include, but are not limited to: Medical, Surgical, Telemetry, Women’s Services, Critical Care and the Emergency Department. The RN is responsible and accountable for directing, planning, and organizing the nursing activities on the unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician and staff needs. The RN is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary, and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice.
AGE OF POPULATION SERVED:
May include Infant, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
RN is responsible for facilitating, coordinating, and supervising patient care appropriate to the condition and age of the patient in the department. Maintains an awareness of the condition and needs of the patients.
· Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
· Able to perform general nursing duties in assigned departments with adequate supervision by using nursing process to provide all levels of patient care:
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing program, a valid license to practice in the State.
· Minimum of one-year relevant RN clinical nursing experience and proven competency within areas of hire
· Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State to practice professional nursing.
· Current American Heart Association/American Red Cross Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider certification required.
· Current American Heart Association/American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support Healthcare Provider certification required.
· National Institute of Healthcare Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certifications (Required within 90 days of hire)
· Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) (Required within 90 days of hire)
· For additional required certifications; See Staff Education Plan and grid policy
· Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
· Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
· Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
· Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English; additional languages helpful.
· Adheres to facility and department dress code; appearance is neat and clean. Is conscientious regarding personal hygiene
· Completes annual educational requirements: Skills Day, Annual department specific, age specific skills check lists.
· Completes Steward University Assignments in a timely manner
· Keeps certifications updated as needed
· Maintains regulatory requirements.
· Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time. Maintains acceptable punctuality and attendance within policy guidelines.
· Participates in required department, facility or job-related education per year.
· Wears identification while on duty.
· Uses time system consistently and correctly. Completes exception sheets appropriately.
· Utilizes down time productively. Completes work within designated time.
· Attends staff in-service meetings per department guidelines; reads and signs minutes of meetings not attended.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic