Student Ultrasound Tech - Regional Perinatal Center - Odessa, TX
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for the provision of ultrasonic diagnostic procedures, studies, treatment and support to high-risk obstetric patients according to physicians' orders. Provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Has full knowledge of the indications, contraindications, and hazards associated with procedures provided. Assures accuracy of test results, reports and equipment by having a thorough understanding of tests and techniques. Maintains equipment in good working order.
* Plans to obtain ARDMS registered in ABD/OB highly preferred.
* Previous student experience in high risk OB ultrasounds.
* Moderate skills in endovaginal scanning.
* Minimum skills in abdominal color duplex scanning.
* Previous experience in an outpatient medical setting may be helpful.
* Previous experience with computer software is helpful.
* Current CPR certification.