Supervisor House RN - Per Diem
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Services for supporting the nursing philosophy and providing high quality, comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Maintains clinical awareness and managerial ability to supervise nursing employees.
- Responsible for supervision of all patient care units on evenings, , serves as administrative resource person.
- Oversees the provision of high quality, cost effective care.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, staff, physicians, co-workers, and other departments.
- Completes performance appraisals on time based on policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in nursing required. Master’s degree in nursing preferred. After orientation, up to 6 month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations. Previous experience as a manager required. Requires up to 4 year’s RN experience in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgment necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
(Prior to 11-1-12: if no Bachelor’s degree must be actively pursuing bachelor’s degree in the field on a continuous basis, taking two courses per semester or a minimum of five semester hours or quarter hour equivalent, exclusive of summer session.)
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current license as a registered nurse by the Ohio Board of Nursing required. Certification in BCLS by the American Heart Association required.